At 5:30 PM the long awaited Christmas Lighted Tractor parade started not only to bring in the Christmas season but also to thank our farming community. Hopefully we have done them well. Announcing the parade was Toadie Foster from Froggy 100.3 and John Beagle.
The tractors started to assemble at the CASH parking lot and they were judged in the following categories: Best Christmas Spirit/ Best Use of Lights/Best Antique/ Best Decorated and Best Animal Unit. 1st Place in each category would receive a plaque and $100. 00 gift card, and 2nd place would a plaque and $50.00 gift card. Our judges were C. Sherman Allen (auctioneer, farmer and politician) Paula Vorisek (farmer, teacher, and artist) and Christine Greg (secretary to Michelle Brooks).
A total of 15 tractors from Albion, Adamsville, Andover, Linesville, and Springboro were represented
All of the tractors were winners but the following tractors
placed 1st and 2nd in their categories.
- 1st place in Best Antique was Chad Loucks and Jeremy McGrath, from Linesville, with a New Holland TN 70 driven by Chad pulling a 1942 Silver King tractor followed by a Pequea (pronounced Peckway) kicker bale hay wagon.
- 2nd place in Best Antique was Tisch Construction II, from Andover, with a 1947 John Deere B driven by Jason Tisch which he still uses on the family farm.
- 1st place Best Use of Lights was Brittney Raupach from Albion, with a lawn tractor and trailer with an Aloha theme.
- 2nd place Best Use of Lights was Jaime and John Shelatz from Wheeler farms in Linesville, with a 2012 case 340 Magnum tractor decorated with red and white lights and lazer projectors.
- 1st place Best Christmas Spirit was Ellen Aurand and the Conneaut Area FFA driving a Kubota Model B7500. Students and tractor decorated in lights and figurines depicting a Christmas scene with a Christmas tree and snowman and elves.
- 2nd place Best Christmas Spirit was Vicki Harper from Linesville, with a lawn tractor decorated with a Mickey and Minnie Mouse Christmas Celebration.
- 1st place Best Decorated was Ron Roncaglione from Linesville, with a 2012 CASE 580 Super N decorated Santa’s work shop at the North Pole.
- 2nd place Best Decorated was Trevor and Tyler Raney from J-Ra Holsteins in Adamsville, driving a New Holland Tractor decorated in a Reindeer Theme.
- 1st place Animal Unit was 2016 Little Crawford County Queens, Mila Lucas (Baby Miss), Angalynne Burger (Tiny Miss) Carlie Barlie (Little Miss), and Casey Costello (Junior Miss) who were riding on a candy cane carriage pulled by May’s Logging and his beautiful Belgium Gelding team.
Linesville Area Chamber of Commerce want to thank our sponsors: Pymatuning Sportsman’s Club, Meadville Medical Center, Bortman’s Farms, Linesville Volunteer Fire Department, Linesville Borough Council, C.A.R.S., Don Zinz of Finders Keepers, Norwestern Electric, L&M Graphics, Blood’s Trophies, and Royal Coleman Funeral Home. Without them we would not have been able to have this event.
We also want to thank the following people who helped with this parade: Mike and Paula Heaney, Kevin and Sherry McGrath, Karen Moss and Pat Wilkinson, Steve and Kelly Mickle, Patty Blood , and Elaine Kennedy. Also Tom Deighton who supplied sound and Christmas Carols, David Schafe, capturing our parade in pictures. Future Farmers of America and Ellen Aurand who supplied food and hot chocolate to the people participating in the parade, CASH Vocal ensemble and Honor Society, United Methodist Church Bell Choir, John Beagle and Froggy 100.3.
Click the image above to see photos of 2015
Lighted Christmas Tractor Parade